Morning routines are SUPER important to me. They start my day off in the right way and they help me feel like it’s going to be a productive successful day. Since the holiday season, I’ve been veering off track of that routine and this week I made a commitment towards getting back on track. I have a few things I’ve been implementing to make me feel healthier and more successful. The more aligned and balanced I am in health and fitness, the more I feel it in my business.
I haven’t talked health and fitness in awhile! The last time I talked about it, I was doing 21 Day Fix Extreme, which I LOVED. I’m still doing my early morning workouts, but now the program is different. I started doing Hammer and Chisel a little over 4 weeks ago and am doing 5 days of Hammer & Chisel and one day of Piyo. Something I have been struggling with is getting up when my alarm goes off. It creeps up on me. One day I snooze once and then I’m snoozing 3 times and it’s almost 40 minutes later by the time I get out of bed! This week I decided, that I really need to practice what I preach.
3 Health Practices to Implement Now
- Lemon Water right in the morning. Enjoying some warm or room temperature lemon water first thing in the morning is a perfect way to wake up. It will wake up your metabolism and help you get energized for the day. Being dehydrated may confuse your body into thinking it’s hungry when it’s not. Lemon water has so many benefits; it’s cleansing, good for your skin, may help your anxiety and more.
How to Implement:
- Make the first thing you do in the morning is drink a glass of water. It will help you wake up. It should go: alarm, out of bed, lemon water.
- Add more water to your day by always keeping a water bottle by your side.
- Set time goals to finish your water by. (9 am, 12 pm, 3 pm and the end of your day.
- Every time you look at your phone, take a sip of water.
2. SLEEP more: Who is getting enough sleep? Sleep is SO important. Sleep is just as important as diet and exercise. There isn’t anyone that doesn’t need enough sleep. Sometimes we think that we are one of those people that can get by on less sleep, but there will be consequences. Lack of sleep can affect your thinking, make you irritable, throws off your coordination, ages your skin, makes you forgetful, affects cognitive function, lead to serious health problems (heart disease, stroke, blood pressure, diabetes, stroke) and weight gain/ obesity, just to name a few things!
Getting more sleep will help you:
· Improve your memory
· Improve your ability to learn
· Live a better quality of life
· Reduce inflammation
· Not be as hungry (the more tired you are, the more hungry you are because your leptin, which regulates appetite, levels will fall)
· Improve your health
How to Implement:
We need to work on getting to bed earlier. Start small. If you go to bed at 11 pm, go to bed at 10:50. Do that for 3 days, and then after 3 days go to bed 10 minutes earlier again (10:40). Do that for 3 days and keep going ten minutes earlier every 3 days until you are sleeping 7-8 hours a night.
Before you go to bed, make sure you have prepared for a smooth morning. Prepare lunches, fill up water bottles, lay out clothes. Make sure you are ready for the morning.
3. Write in a gratitude journal. The benefits of having a positive mindset are so often underestimated. Work on changing your mindset and shift to being grateful. Studies show that people who are more grateful are healthier, more likely to take care of themselves, and less likely to have toxic emotions like rage, envy and resentment. They also sleep better, have higher self esteem and mental strength. Read more here.
How to implement:
- Wake up and (after your lemon water!) write down 3 things you are grateful for.Write down what you are proud of, what you are excited about, etc.
- Thank people for helping/inspiring/motivating/mentoring you.
- Share with your partner or friend 3 things you are grateful for in this moment.
- Use this wheel of gratitude to share what you are grateful for.
I promise if you do these 3 things, you will immediately be on a better track for wellness. Try starting with one and then another. I can’t wait to hear what you do to make yourself healthier.
If you want to join my FREE 10 day Clean Eating group, join here! I’d love to have you!