If you’ve been following my post baby body journey, then I’ve got an update for you today. Mila is almost 9 months. Every parent will tell you, that time flies…and there’s no truer statement. As a work at home/stay at home mom of 2 girls everyday is a juggle. The past week has been a bit crazy with colds, fevers and work. You know I’m working on getting my podcast launched, so a good portion of my work time is going in to that. The best thing for me with work is to stick to my schedule, but schedules go out the window and so does sleep with sick kids!
Luckily they’re both on the mend now and we’re back on track! For fitness, since baby two, I’ve done a few programs. I went from Ripped in 30 to Body Shred to 21 Day Fix to Hammer and Chisel. I actually think that this was the perfect progression for me…with the exception of Body Shred (You can read why I quit Body Shred here). I probably shouldn’t have started that then. Or I should have done it with 3 and 5 pound weights. It was just too much too soon….but it is AWESOME.
At home workouts keep me sane on the craziest of days. You can always find me up at 5 am in my basement because that’s my peace and quiet. I never miss a morning because it sets the tone for my entire day! If you need a new routine, then I highly recommend getting started before your house wakes up!
21 Day Fix was one of my favorites EVER. If you haven’t tried it, then you probably won’t believe me but TRUST me. It’s SO hard, works you from top to bottom and your done in 30 minutes. After 21 day fix, I was excited to try out Hammer and Chisel but I was a little skeptical about it because it focuses majorly on weight lifting.
You know I’m a cardio girl. I have been going more towards weight lifting for lack of time since having Mila and I’ve honestly seen a huge change in my body without changing much about my diet. I’m 5 weeks in and although, I do admit, sometimes I do miss the cardio aspects of the program, the results are THERE.
What you get:
- 2 DVD sets (Hammer set comes with 7 workouts + safety video + 10 Min Ab Hammer + Body Beast and Chisel set comes with 7 workouts + 10 minute ab chisel + 21 day fix extreme workout and comes with The Master’s Cardio bonus disk)
- 8 Weeks workout calendar
- Meal portion containers (*note I did not use the portion containers or the meal plan*)
- Meal Plan
What I like about Hammer and Chisel:
- All the different workouts! It’s 6 days a week, but I usually do 5 days of Hammer and Chisel and 1 day of Piyo.
- It’s a lot of weight lifting, which is definitely growing on me! Everyday you alternate between a Hammer (Sagi) and Chisel (Autumn) workout.
- I’m getting A LOT stronger! Every workout makes you burn!
- Both of the trainers are great. Sagi’s humor took a week to grow on me. You will not get bored!
- You see RESULTS. I don’t think I’ve ever been this lean and I’m pretty proud of my shoulders right now.
What I don’t totally love about Hammer and Chisel:
- While most of the workouts are under 40 minutes, some of them can be 50 minutes when you do the extra optional abs, legs, glute work. This *is* optional, so you don’t have to make them longer than that!
- I could go for one or two days a week to have a bit more cardio in it. There are some days for cardio, they’re just not that often. Again this is preference, but if you want more cardio, just stick with 21 Day Fix!
I love switching up my workout programs, so this is a great change. I’m almost done with week 5, so I’ll be sure to post an update after I’m done. I haven’t taken any before and after pictures, but maybe I’ll post some when I’m done. If you are looking for a new workout and want to try, then try the on demand (fill out form below to try for free!)! If you want to talk about it to see if it’s right for you, just email me and we’ll set up a time to chat!
What will I be doing after Hammer and Chisel? I’m thinking of taking a week break and then going back into it for a second round! It’s really grown on me and it’s really gratifying choosing heavier weights when you do a workout for a 3rd or 4th time!
Have you tried Hammer & Chisel? What do you think?Over halfway done with Hammer and Chisel and here's what I think! Click To Tweet
Review of other workout programs I’ve tried!
More places to find me!