Next week Jenna Wolfe is going to be on the Blissful Bites podcast for episode 2. She had a lot of amazing things to say, not only in the fitness arena, but being a mom and women entrepreneur. I was SUPER looking forward to this interview because I’ve been a long time fan. I LOVE the Today Show and she was on it for a long time. When I was offered the opportunity, I jumped at it. Let me also say, that I also love Jenna’s book, Thinner in 30. It’s all about small tips that add up to big changes. Jenna was genuine, honest, transparent and funny…and just the real deal. You can tell she truly loves her job, her family…and fitness.
The tips in Jenna’s book are SO smart, but they’re also easy to implement. You just have to actually DO it. I love her tips like drink 20 sips of water right when you wake up and start a food diary. She doesn’t try to complicate your life…she just wants to enhance it. I’ve read the entire book and I also love the way it’s set up. 30 changes over 30 days. Jenna’s also gives you multiple ways to implement each change and the science behind it.
Jenna also took the time to answer the question many of us moms have:
How do you get rid of the mummy tummy?
- You really have to lose weight first, build up your core, and then build up that little mid section area. That’s where you’ll start to see results.
- There should be no simple carbs after six.
- Tons of water to fill you up so you’re not grabbing and reaching for things throughout the day.
- People just want to see change so quickly and it’s so hard. The minute that one day, where the scale doesn’t move, the pants don’t fit any differently, or they have not come down in pounds at all, women give up, and say, “What else is there because that didn’t work?”
- You didn’t get that mummy tummy in one day, you’re not going to lose it in one day.
But…my favorite part of the entire interview was her answering the question:
How do you do it all?
Honestly, I get this question a lot too and I 100000% agree with her answer.
Whatever is right in front of you needs to get a hundred percent of your time, effort, and energy. If I’m talking to you right now, I’m not thinking about anything else in the world. Not the interview I have after this and not my appointment later. Nothing is on my mind except for you. You’re the most important thing. And when I’m done, I’ll put you aside, and then the next thing that is right in front of me gets 100% of my attention, because if you start giving everybody 15 or 20% because of your multitasking, you’re going to drop too many balls. It’s okay to drop one or two, but once you’re not juggling at all, then you got nothing going on.
Take what’s in front of you, prioritize it, and then move on to the next thing, so when you’re with your kids, it’s all about your kids. When you’re with work, it’s all about working. Nothing drops.Jenna Wolfe answers: how do you get rid of mummy tummy + more! Click To Tweet