It’s funny, when I had Livi I wrote about her weekly. She always have a cute little headband on and she was my little travel pal.
When Mila came around, I was a calmer parent…some things changed and some things stayed the same. Something that has always been super important to me is routine. Sometimes it changes, like on the weekends, but we pretty much stick to it. Our family thrives on routines.
The little things that changed were the unimportant things obviously. Mila has worn a headband like twice…and onesies are definitely easier than dresser or other fancy outfits. That doesn’t mean she doesn’t wear them, but I think my whole day revolved around Livi’s outfits. More things that stayed the same: all of us get dressed everyday. There’s no hanging out in pajamas and that was from day one, even right after I gave birth. I just can’t do the pajamas all day thing. It doesn’t make me feel good or productive.
Mila is almost 5 months (in 4 days!) and I haven’t written about her once. That makes me sad because I love this little bundle of joy so much. I figured I would just call this a 5 month update because we’re so close to it.
It’s true when people tell you, your heart just explodes and expand all over again. One of the best moments of my entire life was when Olivia met Mila. Nothing was better than that moment.
Mila is a happy, joyful baby. She smiles from the second she wakes up…truly. We are beyond blessed.
She loves her sister more than anything…and her sister loves her right back. I can’t wait to see the continued bond between them because it is so special. Olivia entertains her and Mila eats it up.
At almost 5 months Mila is:
- Sitting up for 30 seconds – 1 minute. Maybe longer, but I don’t time it…obviously.
- READY to eat. We’re waiting for that 5 month mark, but she is fully ready. She watches us like a HAWK when we eat.
- Happy as can be. She screamed and shrieks out of happiness all day long.
- Loves the whoozit and anything else she can stick in her mouth.
- Drooling like woah.
- Loves her swing for naps.
- Sleeps through the night (until 4-5:30 usually)
- Just starting to need to warm up to people that aren’t around daily if they want to hold her.
- LOVING her sister.
- Starting to scoot backwards and in circles when she’s on her belly.
- Rolling both ways.
- in 3-6 month clothes
- not a fan of the stroller right now
- likes to be worn in baby carriers
- napping 3 times a day and goes to bed around 8
- loves when we sing songs to her (especially Olivia)
We need to get her permanently in her crib. She had a little regression a few weeks ago. We’re going to try again tonight basically.
I wonder if Mila will be more adaptable than Livi. Livi isn’t very open to straying from routine, so it will be interesting to see if that’s a first child thing or what. I can’t wait to learn more about her developing personality too.
I’m so happy to be able to be home with both of my girls. Life is good.