Renowned Meditation and Yoga instructor Rebekah Borucki is on a mission. Affectionately called a ‘real-life superhero’ by her peers, “Bex” is known as the practitioner for peace of mind, and in her new book, You Have 4 Minutes to Change Your Life: Simple 4-Minute Meditations for Inspiration, Transformation and True Bliss, she explores highly effective methods to soothe life’s daily stressors with meditation.
In this book, Rebekah shows readers how to create a simple, practical, no-nonsense meditation practice that can fit into even the busiest schedules.You have 4 minutes to change your life @bexlife #blissfulbitespodcast Click To Tweet
Big Takeaways from the Episode:
- Bex was hospitalized for violent outbursts when she was 8. She grew up in a chaotic households and with her parents struggling.
- She didn’t have the tools able to cope with life. Anxiety and depression was something she suffered with for a lot of her young life.
- When she was 15 she discovered the book Be Here Now and it was a way for her to look inward instead of outward.
- Her daily prayer practice became a practice of short meditations that she used to deal with moments of panic and high stress.
- It was never a practice of just sitting down for a long period of time. It was always just dealing with the moment and how can I navigate that specific moment.
- Bex wrote a book to serve others. She wanted to tell her story and how to heal from it using her tools. She wanted something that showed the whole picture.
- The book consists of half memoir (grief, confidence, self-esteems) with three meditations from her own practice.
- Being able to share her meditations is Bex’s greatest blessing, besides her children.
- Over time she revealed more about herself on her platforms, when she was ready.
- “We have many many layers to yourself that would benefit many people. It’s a really beautiful thing to reveal yourself to your audience again and again and in new ways. It keeps it fresh and exciting for them as well.”
- The results of meditation is that people will see you loving yourself and they will love you more. They will respect you more.
Who is Meditation for?
It’s for everyone. If you don’t believe that, you need to change your perception of meditation. There’s a billion different ways to do it.
For Bex it’s a way to connect with yourself and to check in. It’s to tell yourself “I see you. I see that you deserve to be listened to.”. That’s the essence of meditation. It’s the acknowledgement that you are worth your time. Spend a few minutes to check in with yourself and see if you’re ready for the next thing.
Take moments to recharge and reconnect between activities, so you can give yourself fully to the next time. Take 4 minutes between activities to check in so you can show up better. Next time you switch activities, take a few minutes to re-group and recenter. It only takes a couple of minutes and it’s so worth it.
Bex’s Morning Routine: This keeps her on track.
- Take a few minutes to check in.
- Say thank you 3 times. It bring instant joy.
- Think about 3 things you’re grateful for.
- Ask yourself “how may I be of service today?”
Close your eyes. Pay attention to your breath as it is in the moment. Watch your inhales. Watch your exhales. Peace on the inhale. Release on the exhale. Do this ten times.
Great quotes from the episode:
“The truth is we all have busy lives. We should learn to live within them. And to use the chaos around us to be able to train ourselves to be better in the chaos and more balanced in the chaos. My goal in meditation is to quiet the mind so I can focus on a single thoughts or a couple of thoughts. Allow the ebb and flow of thoughts.”
“I really love my life as crazy as it is. I love my kids, my husband and the stuff going on. I feel no need to escape it. I want to find a way to live in it. I can’t have a meditation practice that takes me away from my life. It’s really those 4 minutes that I steal away in the laundry room that allows me to be in the life that I love but in a place of peace and calm, instead of with anxiety and stress.”
“You have to be flexible. My life is changing all of the time. I’ve had two more babies in the course of having this online career. I’ve lost my parents. I’ve changed my platforms from being entirely about fitness to being about meditation. It would be impossible for me to stay rigid in my messaging. I’m always open to the pivot. I love changing it up.”
Links Mentioned in the Episode
- Get Bex’s book! (*affiliate link*)
- Get Bex’s book’s bonuses here! BexLife.com/book
- Find Bex on Facebook
- Find Bex on Instagram
- Find Bex on Twitter @bexlife
This episode was sponsored by Kohana coffee!
Ultimate Guide to Increasing Your Income As a Food Blogger NOW
Download this guide so you can plan your next source of income without relying on page views or sponsored posts.