Want to make a 5 minute Facebook Business Page that will increase your brand awareness, bring you leads and generate sales? Follow this step by step tutorial to make it super easy! Let’s do it!
Why create a Facebook business page?
- Credibility – Establishes online presence and shows you are a real business and brand. When people find you online or in person they will go to your business page for more information. The page helps establish you as an authority.
- Advertising – Once you have a business page you can run facebook and instagram ads.
- It’s FREE
- Share and Curate: You can share and curate content from other related business to also boost your credibility by sharing reputable sources.
Make a Facebook business page in 5 minutes or less! Click To Tweet
Click here to download a Step by Step video on how to create your Facebook page for business.
Click Here to Download Video
I’m going to take you exactly through how to create your Facebook business page!
How to Create the page:
- Sign into your facebook account.
- On the left sidebar you will see PAGES as a category.
- Click Create Page
- Choose your category of your business: Local Business or Place, Company, organization or Institution, Brand or Product, Artist, Band or Public Figure, Entertainment or Cause/Community.
- Once you click your category, you will have to fill out related information (possible info: business category, name, address)
- Click get started (note: facebook tells you that by clicking getting started you are agreeing to facebook’s terms)
- Setup page: Write your “about section” this will tell people about your business. You don’t need to stress about this part because you can edit it after. Just tell about your business: what you sell, who your target customer is, why you started, etc.
- Example: Blissful Eats is a healthy, organic snack food company. We deliver snack foods, like our paleo granola, to offer minimally processed, healthy snacks to people interested in eating whole foods with great ingredients that are delicious. We started in 2011 because we were on a mission to change the way you snack for the better!
- In this same section, add your website and what you would like your facebook URL to be. Pick something simple, preferably your business name.
- Set up your profile picture. This should be a clear, not grainy picture (best size is at least 180 x 180 pixels) This could be a brand logo or a great product shot.
- Add your page to your favorites so you can easily access it.
- Set your preferred page audience. This will help with the targeting of your facebook page. Location, age, gender, interests, languages.
- Location (example: if you ONLY sell in the US, or New York, then make sure you specify that!
- Age: what is your target age range of your customer?
- Gender (male/female? – It’s okay to put both)
- Interests: here you can fill in your ideal customer’s interests: example: healthy eating, gluten free foodies.
- You can also target other facebook pages (if they come up, example: Real Housewives of New York, Skinnytaste, Chalene Johnson, etc. Play with this tool and see what comes up. This comes in handy when you set up a facebook ad later as well.
- Language: pick the language of your desired target customer.
- Note: you do not have to do any of these steps, they are optional, but will help you come up in search.
You’re all set up now!
Now let’s get to the fun part!
Here are the key pieces you need to know about your Facebook page:
- Page: here is what your facebook page looks like.
- Messages: these are messages you can and will receive from people (customers, fans, etc) Facebook will note how long it takes you to respond to messages, so make sure you keep up with this so you can get a great response time (looks better for customer service!)
- Notifications: this will tell you when someone likes, comments or shares your content.
- Publishing Tools
Other things to add to your Facebook business page:
- Make sure you add a cover photo that is mobile friendly as well. Most people will view your page on mobile. Make a facebook cover photo in canva. Use this to promote an offer/product/program/freebie you have. (example: click here to listen to my new podcast, or click here to get a 10% off coupon – for more info on how to set this up click here)
- Make sure you set up contact info.
- In the page tips section on your main page (bottom left bar) set up a call to action button.
- If you are having any events, set them up in the events section. This can be a live in person event, or a virtual event to promote a program/product or service)
Now start sharing valuable content!
If for some reason you want to delete your page:
- Go to your page.
- Top right – go to settings
- Scroll down to remove page.
- Click edit
- And click delete when it asks you if you want to delete page.