Nikki’s the owner of Nikki’s Coconut Butter and she is a self-described workaholic and loves a good challenge. She is the co-founder of Nikki’s Coconut Butter with her husband Andrew together they enjoy coming up with new and innovative ways to grow their business, develop new flavors and creating a business they truly love.
Getting to Know Nikki:
3 Pieces of Advice from Nikki
- “I see a lot of little mistakes as part of the learning process. If it costs you a lot you’ll know, for sure, you won’t make it in the future.”
- Don’t overestimate your production power. Don’t over sell if you don’t have a plan for it. Plan out your best case scenario. Can you handle the demand?
- Make sure you look over your expenses and stay on top of them regularly.
Why you shouldn’t try to make a product that works for everyone:
Think about a Radio DJ. If he tries to please everyone and plays jazz, rap, country. He’ll please nobody. The whole idea is to try to target that small niche group.
Company or Business You Look up To:
Justin’s nut butter. “He has really been a pioneer in that sort of nut butter industry doing a lot of things differently and I really admire that.
Mary’s Gone Crackers, she sells this gluten-free crackers and she’s been doing this since the 80’s and this lady, back in the 80’s gluten-free wasn’t a thing, so she really pioneered that.
What do you do to make your day successful?
- Early 530-630 wake up
- Take time for meditation.
- Keep a gratitude journal – write down 3 things your grateful for.
What’s your advice to those starting out?
Don’t wait for that perfect idea. Don’t wait for it to be “ready” or perfect. A lot of times your customers will help you make it better. Let your customers give you feedback and let them make it better.
Best online tool?
My favorite tool right now is boomerang at gmail and its basically something that you can download and add to your gmail account and it helps basically just like a boomerang kind of brings your emails back. So if you are scheduling a follow-up, if you are writing an email to someone that you are hoping to get a response from soon. This boomerang feature allows it to come back to you whenever you want it to.
Where can we find you?
- Email: nikki@nikki’scoconutbutter.
- Nikki’s Coconut Butter on Facebook
- Nikki’s Coconut Butter on twitter
- Nikki’s Coconut Butter on instagram.
Connect with me!
- Facebook: Nicole Culver
- Instagram @nicoleculver
- Twitter @nicoleculver
- Periscope @nicoleculver
- YouTube: NicoleCulver1
11 Tips to Get Started!
11 Tips from Successful Women Entrepreneurs to get motivated and started in business!