Having a blog is A LOT of work and time and coming up with new content is a lot of work on a daily basis. I strive for 3 posts a week and they generally revolve around 1 family post, 1 health/fitness post and 1 business post. I want to share five ideas for you to help you come up with new content for your blog, or even periscope and social media outlets. I want you to think about your target reader and your target audience. If that’s not something you have flushed out (your avatar) then you should definitely take the time to write it down and write a full page on who your avatar is. (I have a post coming next week on how to find your avatar.)5 ideas to come up with new content and ideas for your website Click To Tweet
Here are the five ideas to help you come up with new topics to write and talk about.
- What are the questions you are asked all the time? When you’re out or talking to our friends and family, what are the things you were asked over and over again? And if you’re already on social media and you have a blog, what are the questions that are on repeat that you answer over and over again? Take the time and draft a couple of blog posts just around the questions that you are asked all the time and you can even survey your friends and family. Just say to them what is something you would ask me if you could ask me anything. Now answer those questions and you have a few blog posts!
- What are your target reader and your target customer needs? Is it information on how to grow your business, how to grow your social media account or is it something like recipes or how to lose fat and increase muscle? Think about what it is your target reader needs and then you can create content around there.
- Look at your social media posts. What has gotten the most engagements and the most retweets or shares on Facebook? Look through the top 3 whether it’s on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter and then you can create content on your blog around it and you can expand even more.
- What could your reader talk about all day? Whether that is about how to lose weight or the latest workout craze, the latest diet fad, the latest paleo recipe. Think about what they’re going on and on about right now. Write about that!
- What is your target audience worried about? Are they worried about gaining weight as they get older? Are they worried about not making money? Are they worried about not having enough customers? Get to know your customer and audience and flush out who that person is and that alone should give you a lot of content ideas.
Short and sweet today! If this gave you any ideas for content, share them with me!
P.S. Guess what? My friend Robyn Baldwin started an amazing podcast and interviewed me! I would love for you to listen! Subscribe to her show here!
Ultimate Guide to Increasing Your Income As a Food Blogger NOW
Download this guide so you can plan your next source of income without relying on page views or sponsored posts.