Today is share your expertise for Elf 4 Health….so I thought I would share some of mine.
I feel calling myself an expert in anything is a joke…but I know a lot about food and some about nutrition.
I know not everyone is excited about cooking like I am, but really it doesn’t have to be this huge intimidating thing.
Some tips to get started in the kitchen:
1. Get inspired. Pinterest and blogs are a GREAT way to get started with this. If you’re inspired, you’re way more likely to get cooking. Jessica from How Sweet Eats inspires me all the time. I also love looking through cook books with great pictures.
2. Make 1-2 new recipes a week. You don’t need to start making every single meal, every day of the week. Start with one or two meals a week and grow from there.
3. Get help. If you have a roommate or a partner then enlist there help. Ask them for some help chopping, or if you cook ask them to clean up. Maybe they can help plan meals to make.
4. Start simple. Try making a crockpot recipe, or make a pizza at home (buy store bought pizza dough.)
5. Have fun! Turn on some music, pour a glass of wine and enjoy the actual process! I really love taking the time to make a meal. The chopping, sauteing and just preparing. I consider it “me” time. I know everyone’s not going to feel like it’s a great experience, but try it!
I used to spend hours in the kitchen, but now I’m the queen of 20-30 minute meals. I LOVE making soups, stews and other dishes that take 10 minutes to prepare and then can cook without a fuss.
Some simple recipes to start with:
Other random top tips I live 90% of my life by:
- Eat real food.
- Eat what I want, which happens to be real food 95% of the time.
- Move most days of the week.
- Get up early and enjoy the peace of the morning.
- Spend time with people you love and make you laugh.
- Be kind.
- Drink coffee.
Share some expertise with me!
P.S. It’s national bake cookies day! Check out Lindsay’s post to get inspired to make some DELICIOUS cookies!
Blissful Bites Podcast Giveaway!
Join the Blissful Bites team and stay up to date with interviews, business tips AND be entered to win this month's prize pack!