The challenge for today in Elf 4 Health is to make a gratitude list of 20 things. I decided to blog it to share with you what I’m grateful for. I try to take a couple minutes each day to be grateful for at least a few things on this list.
I encourage you to do the same for today! It’s a great exercise to help you stop and appreciate all the good in your life.
1. My husband. Through thick and thin, tired days and long weeks, he’s always there to support and encourage me. Not to mention he is my perfect half.
2. Olivia. She is the sweetest, most energetic toddler that keeps me on my toes allllll day long. She’s brought me so much joy in the past 14 months.
3. My mom. I could go on forever about how giving and special my mom is, but the thing that stands out for me especally today is how she wants our life to be great. She constantly does things for my family that make our life easier. She has also raised my sister and myself in a way that I can only hope to take after. She has taught me to be selfless, confident, giving, loving, generous and patient.
4. My sister. There’s nothing like having a sister. You just get each other. I’m extra lucky my sister is my daughter’s Godmother and they have a special relationship already.
5. My cousin Jess. She’s like a second sister to me.
6. The rest of our family. I’m super lucky to have a close family (on my side and Danny’s.) I treasure them every single day. Especially when they’ll babysit. 🙂
7. My home and it’s proximity to my family. I am so blessed to have a home that meets our needs and keeps us warm.
8. Coffee. Literally. Especially holiday cups from Starbucks. They just make me so happy.
9. Delicious food. I just love food so much. I’m grateful to be able to cook each meal for myself and my family and know they are well fed.
10. Christmas decorations.
11. My basement. We go down there every night to watch TV on our oversized comfortable couch. It also is my workout area.
12. Family traditions, like Sunday dinner & fish on Christmas eve.
13. Acoustic sunrise on Sundays. Danny and I try to get up before Olivia on Sunday and enjoy a cup of coffee. Then we usually make a big breakfast and listen to music.
14. My husband’s job & my small business.
15. My friends! Good friends are hard to find, I think especially at this age. Most of my friends besides my newer mom friends I’ve known at least since college. There’s nothing like a good friend that knows you so well and you can just talk to for hours.
16. Running and exercising. This is my daily release. I look forward to this time every day (except on my rest days!)
17. My health (and my families). Something I don’t ever take for granted.
18. Seasons. I love living in NY, where we have all 4 seasons. Although I could do without below 30 degrees.
19. Jillian Michaels Podcast. I look forward to these every week.
20. TV. This is major down time for me. Besides the TODAY show which I watch daily Danny and I love (right now) Sons of Anarchy, Homeland, The Good Wife, White Collar, Nashville & Scandal.
21. You! I’m grateful for all of you that have stuck around reading when I’m so up and down with writing!
I’d love for you to share some things you are grateful for!
Ultimate Guide to Increasing Your Income As a Food Blogger NOW
Download this guide so you can plan your next source of income without relying on page views or sponsored posts.