My farmers markets for Blissful Eats started this past weekend. I’ve literally been working on this for weeks, but last week was by far the busiest! They went off without a hitch and I have to say I was feeling very proud as I visited each one of them.
You know I’m all about fitting health and fitness into our busy lives. It’s not always easy, but it’s always worth it. I’m a huge proponent of planning. Ya know the saying “fail to plan, plan to fail”? Well it’s true. I had the opportunity to try out Fitness Glo, which is a site created for women by women to basically show you can fit in a workout in your busy lives. Anything that wants to help busy women get fit is my cup of tea.
I’ve been trying out Fitness Glo for the past couple of weeks. I’ve tried out a variety of classes because I wanted to be able to tell you about as many as possible. I got to meet Illyse Baker last year at the Reebok headquarters and she’s one of the instructors…so that’s pretty cool (I thought anyway.)
First off the bat, the website is extremely easy to navigate. You can pick from instructor, class type, duration of workout, intensity, level, etc. I love that they have workouts from 5 minutes to 45 minutes. You can also combine them by doing a cardio workout then strength workout.
They have all different classes from Balance, Barre, Cardio, Click & Glo (basically strength & cardio whole body in 1 class), HIIT, Step, Strength, Stretch & Tabata.
I tried out the Barre, Cardio, Click & Glo, HIIT, Stretch and Tabata classes. I really liked them all, but I would say the Click & Glo, HIIT and Tabata were my favorites. There are many classes in each one, that you really have to find which classes in the catagory you like. It’s fun to try different ones and keep you motivated AND not bored. The barre class was A LOT of legs (which you’d expect) and left my legs shaking. It was a bit too dancer-ish for me but at least I was in my own house and didn’t feel (too) embarrassed.
I checked out and pre-viewed the classes the night before I planned to do a workout, so I knew what I would be doing. There’s nothing more I hate then wanting to do a workout and having it not be a good fit for me…which is why I previewed it. Luckily, you can watch the preview for the workout, which helps you know if it’s the right workout you’re looking for. I know not everyone would want to take the time to preview workouts, but it worked for me.
The only issues I really ran into were getting a workout to load one time. I switched it to the lower bandwidth and it was much better.
Overall, I really love the website and I would highly recommend it.
What I love the most:
- How it’s organized. VERY easy to use and pick out.
- The previews
- Variety of workouts
- Variety of instructors (let’s face it, not everyone is for everyone. My favorites were Alex Mclean, Jeffery Scott, Amy Dixon)
- You don’t need much equipment beyond a mat and dumbbells, but if you have kettlebells and bosu there are classes for you.)
- Classes that are all in one (whole body)
- There are training programs. You don’t have to think. Just pick beginner, intermediate or advanced and workouts are lined up for you.
- There are new classes being added all the time. Don’t have to worry about being bored.
- Very affordable: 15 day free trial, then $12 a month and you can cancel at any time.
- I would love to see yoga classes added. I know there’s Yoga Glo for that, but I really would love to see some classes on this website.
- I wish it would countdown the entire time. Right now it just has a moving bar that comes up with you put the mouse over the screen, but I would like to actually see how much time I have left. This is a personal thing I guess and probably not everyone wants to know, but I do.
Overall it was a great experience and I will continue to use it to vary my workouts until Best Body Bootcamp starts in a couple of weeks.
SO now, the exciting part!
I have 1 membership to give away to Fitness Glo! This is a 90 day membership (worth $36!) Just leave a comment here saying why you want to try it and I’ll pick a winner one week from today, June 10th.
Disclosure: I was compensated for this post by Fitfluential, LLC. All opinions and thoughts are my own!
Blissful Bites Podcast Giveaway!
Join the Blissful Bites team and stay up to date with interviews, business tips AND be entered to win the prize pack! (Prize: 2 jars of Wild Friends Nut Butter, Variety pack of 7 soups from Splendid Spoon, 1 bag of Blissful Eats granola and Thinner in 30 by Jenna Wolfe.