A recipe! I know…crazy.
We had a playdate today. I always try to throw together some type of lunch when I do. I really enjoy making food for other people, so any chance I get I kind of jump at it!
I didn’t have that much time and I had made lentils last night, so I figured that would be perfect to go with a green salad.
The salad I put together was:
- butter lettuce & mixed spring greens
- cherry tomatoes
- candied walnuts
- baked balsamic chicken (marinated it in equal parts olive oil & balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper & garlic powder, baked for 20 minutes, flipping halfway at 350 degrees)
Super easy, delicious green salad. I made a simple dressing with fresh garlic, balsamic, extra virgin olive oil, S & P.
[print_this] Lentil, Carrot, Celery & Scallion Salad
- 1 cup dry lentils (cooked as per instructions. I cooked mine in rice maker.)
- 3/4 cup chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions (not packed in)
- 3-4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 tbs dried parsley
- 1-2 tbs red wine vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
After cooking the lentils, let them cool completely. Combine lentils, carrots, celery and scallions. Mix to combine. Add in 1 tbs red wine vinegar, parsley and salt and pepper. Mix together. Taste to see if you need to add more vinegar. Adjust salt and pepper according to taste. [/print_this]
Off to start bedtime routine and watch Nurse Jackie! Have a great night!
Ultimate Guide to Increasing Your Income As a Food Blogger NOW
Download this guide so you can plan your next source of income without relying on page views or sponsored posts.