Yesterday

Yesterday:
I woke up at 5:30 am to run before the heat hit (so I didn’t have to get picked up and driven home like in Costa Rica…see below).

Yesterday

I walked more, ran slower and it felt good.

I took a nap on my couch, which I haven’t done in forever.

Yesterday

I woke up cranky, got out of the house, and visited friends so I wouldn’t be a beast all day. (aka so my husband could come home to a not bwitchy wife)

Yesterday

I spent $130 on a new food processor (thanks to 20% off with Bed, Bath and Beyond coupon). It hurt, but had to be done.

Yesterday

I walked out of JCREW without buying anything…which almost never happens.

jcrew Yesterday

jcrew edited1 Yesterday

I realized the suit I bought my husband (without him to save time) makes him look like he’s in the early 90′s.

Yesterday

I figured out I am drinking too much coffee and not enough water.
 Yesterday

I made pesto that became a dip and sauce.

Yesterday
(What doesn’t taste good with Mary’s Gone Crackers??)

(Not Your Typical) Pesto

Ingredients
  • 2 Cloves Garlic
  • 1 C Pumpkin Seeds
  • 1/4 C Olive Oil
  • 1 t Lemon Juice
  • Pinch Salt (optional)
  • 1/2 C Fresh Basil
  • 1 large handful fresh spinach
Throw all ingredients in food processor and pulse until combined. Serve over pasta, fish, chicken, with crackers, pizza, anything!
*The pumpkin seeds add protein and provide you with magnesium and B vitamins. You CANNOT taste the spinach in here, it’s a great way to “sneak” in greens to someone who won’t eat them willingly when it is visibly there.
 Yesterday

Now that I’ve posted waaayyy too many pictures of myself in one post, I’m going to start my day with an iced coffee with 2 glasses of water!

I’m SO looking forward to going to The Bar Method with Fit Chick in the City and other girls and then going to a Thrive seminar with Brendan Brazier, professional triathlete, plant based nutrition expert and best selling author at Lululemon Soho.

See you tomorrow!

Comments

1. says

Best. Couch. Ever.

PS there is a clause that whenever you are with your sister you need an ice coffee…but we'll make a deal to finish our camelbaks as well!

2. says

Your living room and couch look so cozy…I just want to crash there!
    I drink a ton of coffee, too…but plenty of water, luckily! I know when I'm not because I get light headed and dehydrated SO easily.
    The pesto looks awesome! I bet you were proud of the $130 well spent ;) It'll last you forever, so it's justified, right?
    Have fun out tonight!

3. says

Your living room is SO cute..I LOVE your sofa..I'm SO into the browns, mine is very similar, a deeper brown (not a sectional though)

You are so pretty…even after a long run…seriously!!??

Getting up at 5:30am is admirable! I am SO not a morning person…but theirs no other choice for runners in this nasty heat!

4. says

Hi Nicole! Nice of you to perk your mood before the hubby came home :-)
    It can be soooooo hard to get up even earlier to beat the heat. I for one have not been able to do that so I've kept up the fitness routine with trips to the gym only.
    Gorgeous food processor. It is so hard to part with that much money for a necessity so I feel your pain but it is still totally worth it!

5. says

It has been brutal running NYC, good for you for getting up early. Hope it is not as hot this weekend for the Dash & Splash 10k.

6. says

Excellent! I'm looking for a way to use all that fresh basil I have in my herb garden. Seriously, I have like 4 different types of basil growing because when I bought the plants I didn't know which was the "right one"… it ended up being the kind that my mother-in-law bought for me!