Is anyone else’s week a day off? I just keep thinking it’s Thursday and yesterday was Wednesday, so I need to remember what day it really is. I just can’t get it straight.
I am having one of those morning where I really need to get to work, so I’m going to keep this short. I had some leftovers in the fridge from dinner on Monday, so I thought about what I could make with them. My leftovers were of brown rice, quinoa and chickpeas. I didn’t make the entire bag of chickpeas into hummus so I had about 2 cups leftover. Since I’ve been doing different types of veggie and bean burgers I decided to give another one a whirl.
Chickpeas and garlic
now add some oats
based on a recipe from Eat, Drink & Be Vegan
1/2 red onion, chopped
1 carrot, peeled and chopped
5 button mushrooms, chopped
1 1/2- 2 cups raw spinach
2 cups chickpeas
1 cup brown rice
1 cup quinoa (you can use 2 cups of either brown rice or quinoa if you’d like)
3/4 cups oats
2 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tsp fresh thyme (or 3/4 tsp dried)
2 tbsp worcestershire sauce (use vegan worcestershire sauce to keep vegan or just leave out if you want it to be vegan)
2 cloves garlic minced
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1. Saute red onion, carrot and mushrooms with one tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan. Cook for about 5 minutes on medium heat.
2. Meanwhile combine chickpeas, worcestershire, soy sauce, thyme, sea salt, black pepper and garlic clove in food processor.
3. Add sauteed veges and raw spinach to food processor and combine.
4. Add brown rice and quinoa and mix again.
5. Put ingredients into a large bowl and add oats. Mix well to combine. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to help combine.
6. Shape into patties and cook on medium heat. Brown on both sides (about 4 minutes a side).
Chickpea patty with spinach salad, cabbage and soy-catash stir fry and low and slow potatoes
What is your favorite way to enjoy burgers, meatless or not?
I love eating mine with sweet potatoes or a simple salad.