Happy FRIDAY!!!! How good does this day always feel? Well it feels a bit better at 2:40 today rather than right now.
This morning I took off from spin and did an hour long yoga podcast from, you guessed it, yogadownload.com. I know I put up a picture of crow, so this is wheel. I could barely do backbends when I was 10 and now I can do them pretty easily. I loved waking up 30 minutes later than I usually do on Fridays (even if it was 5:30 still). It was almost like a treat.
Yesterday Danny and I ran in the morning so he could get one more run in this week before the 10k. When I got home I watched some really trashy stimulating tv, The Hills and The City. I don’t know why I still watch, but I’m just sucked in. After I got out of my trance I baked some cookies. I have a meeting today for all of the Special Educators in the building so I figured it would be nice to make a snack for us to have throughout the day. I also am visiting a friend who just had her 3rd baby last week, so I’m going to bring some to her too.
I’m always inspired by Michelle @Brown Eyed Baker and Jessica @ How Sweet Eats. They always make the most creative things. I wanted to be creative, but I don’t have things like pretzels and marshmallows in my house, so I couldn’t make what I really wanted to make! Oh well.
I melted chocolate on a double boiler. I usually use the microwave, but this way I don’t have to worry about it burning. Much easier I think.
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 8 ounces dark chocolate (I used 70% cacao dark chocolate chips)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heath bar toffee chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Put the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl (like a pyrex) and set it over a saucepan water, on low. Stir the chocolate often until melted and smooth.
3. Whisk together the eggs, vanilla and sugar in a medium bowl. (I just put in my bowl that goes with my stand mixer)
4. In a small bowl, combine the flour and baking powder.
5. Add the melted chocolate mixture to the mixture bowl with the egg and stir to combine well. Add the dry ingredients, folding them into the batter.Stir in the chocolate chips.
6. I made very small cookies and made about 40. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until they are firm on the outside. Transfer to cool on a drying rack after 5 minutes.
I also made sugar cookies. To find the recipe go here.
I hope everyone likes these!
On another note we got our organic delivery box today. Danny says he’s going to video me opening the box because every week I get so excited. Instead of recording me he just snuck in a couple of pictures.
Well, I took this one (those are NOT my hands) . BEETS! I was so psyched.
Please don’t mind the hair, bags, and zombie like state of me. I’m tired this week!
Parsley made so excited, it was our first herb we’ve gotten in the box!
Any weekend plans?? Any suggestions on race night tips? (Even though it’s only a 10k) Have a great Friday!